Fuller's

History of The Albert Arms

Scroll Down

History

The pub was established in 1853 but has been owned by Fuller’s since 2016. During the extended closure from 2016, the pub went through intense refurbishment and then re-opened in 2018, with resounding success.

The pub was named after Prince Albert, husband to Queen Victoria. Although influential as prince consort, his position allowed him very limited power and responsibilities. As a result, Prince Albert worked to gain a reputation for himself, supporting public causes in education and the abolishment of the slave trade.

Each of the six bedrooms is named after legendary racehorses such as Arkle (who has the highest Timeform rating ever awarded to a steeplechase) and Desert Orchid (rated the fifth best National Hunt horse of all time by Timeform). The pub interior décor also pays homage to the nearby Sandown Racecourse.

Sign-up to become a friend of Fuller's